Font Troubles

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by unixd, Aug 29, 2008.

1. unixd

unixd New Member

I can't find where I have gone wrong.

First let me say my goal in this little project was to end up with the Calibri font (ported by Gaurav on Macthemes2) on my springboard.

First, I downloaded the Calibri fonts, and renamed them Calibri, and CalibriBold. After I had these files I put them in /System/Library/Fonts/Cache/ along with the other fonts in there.

Then I made a theme in Winterboard called Calibri.theme, and modified all instances of Helvetica to Calibri in the default info.plist that comes with the Saurik theme, and copied this modified info.plist into Calibri.theme.

-This is where I stopped the first time, and these changes did not affect any of the fonts.

After a little more research I found I needed to modify the CGFontCache in the fonts folder, so based on these instructions (post 10) I inserted code to specify the font Calibri as a system font, and tell the iPod to load this font (actually both because it comes with a bold version).

Now, interestingly enough, I made a little progress because I no longer have the default font on my springbord, BUT the font I have is not Calibri (I think it's Times New Roman).

So I was wondering if anyone knew where I went wrong, and if you need to look at any of the files, just tell me and I'll post them.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You could just rename Helvetica and Helvitica bold to .ttf.bak and then rename Calibri and Calibri bold to the Helvetica ones.
  3. Xibri

Xibri New Member

Yeah.
  4. unixd

unixd New Member

Right, I know you could do that, but I only wanted Helvetica to be replaced on the springboard, not throughout the whole entire system.
  5. ihellago

ihellago New Member

yeah should work
  6. unixd

unixd New Member

I searched through the code again adn can't find anything... heres the files for anyone to look at by the way.

Attached Files:

7. Xibri

Xibri New Member

Where are the files?
  8. unixd

unixd New Member

my bad i guess i deleted them here they are
    EDIT: they are showing up in preview im not sure whats going on
    EDIT2: ok there they are. the info.plist is the file in Calibri.theme, and the other is the replacement for the plist in the font folder

View attachment CGFontCache.txt

View attachment Info.txt
  9. ihellago

ihellago New Member

upload again
  10. unixd

unixd New Member

So no ideas? I tried a little more but can't seem to get past the times new roman font.