Font on the home screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by talupz, Oct 26, 2010.

1. talupz

talupz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im not sure how, but i think i did something to change the font color of the titles of my apps to gray, so now they are very hard to read. Does anyone know how to change the color back to white?
  2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I'm not sure if I have an account so I am posting as unregistered, but yea I had that problem before. I removed stuff I installed latest to oldest, and it disappeared when I took of WinterBoard. It's most likely 100% Winterboard causing the problem if you have it.

You can change the font back to white by editing something file, and even make a small shadow behind the words, but the font will not look as good as the native ipod touch 4 font and color

Google about winterboard gray font problem or something
  3. LazerNarwhal

LazerNarwhal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Winterboard causes it. Go into WinterBoard and select "White Icon Labels" in the themes and respring. They'll turn white again.
  4. Shadewalkerz

Shadewalkerz Member

Create a new theme. In it, create a info.plist with this content:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0"><dict>

<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: white; text-shadow: #000000 0px 1px 2px</string>

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: white; text-shadow: #000000 0px 1px 2px</string>

</dict></plist>

Thats it.
  5. LazerNarwhal

LazerNarwhal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Isn't this pretty much what the White Icon Label theme that comes with Winterboard does?
  6. Shadewalkerz

Shadewalkerz Member

Nope, the "White Icon Label" preinstalled with winterboard only makes the font white. This method also recreates the shadow behind the text.

thats why winterboard imo SUCKS. also those freaking dependencies... dont wanna install that f***ing libhide with WB! also it f***s up homescreen wallpapers while opening a folder. I hatw Winterboard.