Font colour BB code doesn't work

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by bobby681, Jul 5, 2010.

1. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey, I was just creating a post and found that the font colour code doesn't work, for example if you choose , the text will stay black. It happened for every colour I tried. I tried hex colour input as well (#FF0000 and such) but that didn't work either.

I dunno if its a bug or its been disabled to stop annoying use of it but I thought I'd just post here in case you didn't know about it.

Edit: Looks like it works for quick replying, I can't get it to work in the advanced posting thing though
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    On this site ?
  3. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try it when you go into the 'go advanced' posting thing, it doesn't work there for me at least
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    White (and other very bright colours) were disabled due to the hiding of abuse in posts.
  5. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    And why exactly do you need to post white text on a site with a white background?
  6. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    This is why bgizzle took away the option to post in white. People were just posting "secret" and hidden messages all over the forum and in their signatures. Some of them hateful.
  7. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's not just white, though. Just to be clever, I found the hex colour for my hair, and tried to answer one of the questions for the Rewind user interview saying "This colour" (of course, with that colour), and got nothing.
  8. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was trying to hide a promocode, it didn't turn out as well as I hoped

Please Register or Log in to view images

ahah.

I understand why it was disabled though, it makes sense to stop the secret flaming and such.
  9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Didn't, at one point in time, the white text automatically get highlighted in black? I miss that. Oh and white messages were always fun, made things interesting.

Yeah it seems as though you can only use the colors provided in the color drop down thing.