Font Changed, Icons moving around...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dumbnameiknow, Nov 18, 2008.

1. dumbnameiknow

dumbnameiknow New Member

Today, I tried to open up Cydia to check up on any new updates. It got stuck on the loading screen, so I just rebooted my iPod Touch. When my iPod turned back on, my font changed and all my icons were not in the same place as where I left them. I actually like this font better, but my app icons keep moving around. I turned off my iPod completely, turned it back on... but nothing went back to normal. I just need to know whats going so I can get some sleep tonight.

Any clue what's going on here?

Ok ok... so I left my iPod alone for a while and when i turned it back on, it gave me the pop-up that tells me how to move my icons around. Also, my time-zone changed. It seems like a restore... but I still have no clue.

Still need some help. Thanks everybody!
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Do you have Kate or 5 icon dock installed?
  3. dumbnameiknow

dumbnameiknow New Member

Actually, i have both!
  4. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    get rid of kate
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Get rid of Kate and maybe Pusher/Installer - it does NOT like Cydia or Five Icon Dock or WinterBoard, and will conflict with it by screwing around with the font and the SpringBoard until you uninstall everything but Rip Dev software. It's a... tactic... to make sure you pay the Russians for the privilege of a five icon dock when you can get one for free (and better) from other sources.

Oh, and Installer 4 will probably, at some point, cause a Spinning Wheel of Death on your iPod if you try to update anything (especially Installer 4 or Community Sources). Enjoy your Kwality Programming.
  6. dumbnameiknow

dumbnameiknow New Member

====

Thanks guys!

Please Register or Log in to view images

i really appreciate the help, ill get rid of Kate and see if that works.
  7. Tnvolunteer09

Tnvolunteer09 New Member

I had the same problem so I deleted Kate as well and was still havin the problem. Then I deleted the 5 dock thing and now it works perfect