Folders to put app-files in are not there!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Rubenvdkamp, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Rubenvdkamp

Rubenvdkamp New Member

Hi all,

I've succesfully hacked the iPod with help of this thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5887

Everything functioned well and I downloaded some apps from installer. But the next step for me was getting iMail, iMap etc. I followed the instructions with care and got to the step where I was supposed to copy some folders on the iPod with FTP. The folders that the topic starter gave me where not there.

The root of my iPod contains 4 maps: Media, Library, bin and Touchfree. There is no map called Media_cyn so I can't copy the apps in that folder.

Where do I copy the application folders such as iMail, iMaps etc. It's a question i've seen much on this forum and doesnt have an answer yet.

Another question. I've installed an app called 'widgets', during the download/installing proces I got an error and it said the install had failed. But there is an widget icon on my screen now that I cant get rid of. When I check uninstall the widget app is not there so I cant uninstall it. I've checked FTP for something that looked like widgets in order to delete it but without succes. How can I erase the icon?

I hope I can get some answers. It will be greatly appreciated.

p.s. English is not my native language so I hope you understand
  2. foxfire235

foxfire235 New Member

same problem here
  3. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    same!!!!!!!!
  4. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

Lots of people are having the same problem, but some say it can still work with the one step jailbreak. Look around, and see what other people had to say about it.
  5. nightfall

nightfall New Member

Hmm I can seem to make out of it is to use winscp (if you require the link, just post or search). After that follow the instructions on This Page. If that still does not work post on what you are doing.

To delete widget.app access the applications folder after using winscp or putty to open up. Find the application folder and delete it. It should be done.
  6. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

First of all the folder is media_sym and secondly when you log in , you may not be at the top of the hierarchy. Check to see if there are any up arrows at the top to go to a higher folder.
  7. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    widgets

you can find "widgets" in the "applications" folder, go there and delete it. I just did it to mine.