Folders inside other Folders (includes why and potentially how)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sanga282, Aug 23, 2010.

1. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Right well most people see this as stupid seeing as how you could just get infini folders and be done with it right? wrong. Even with infini folders things will still look messy. What i want my iOS screen is to look something like this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

but with one folder centrally in the dock that has all my apps in it, so a combination of infini folders and folders within folders, this will then allow me to keep the organization in a perpetual scrolling sort of thing, otherwise I'll be scrolling forever to reach the apps at the bottom. This way I have a nice empty home screen and all my apps easily accessible. My theory on how this could work (bear in mind you could write what i know about objective based C on a postage stamp.) The background splits at the folder's icon location so surely you could just set the folder to split as well, it could even use the same background as the folder before it, it'd just grey out the folder above it so you knew which folder you were on. Yes i know the the skill required to do this would probably be quite a bit but i think it would definitely be worth it, and for minimalists like myself it'd be extremely useful
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah I wanted that as well, a folder within a folder, so I can get everything inside 1 folder or something like so.
    YOur picture is empty.
  3. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that was the point of the picture

i didnt have an adequate folder to put at the bottom :'( but that would be the general idea, and id love to change the icon of the folder to something like activators icon just coz then it would look amazing just that solitary thing at the bottom of the screen and all that free space would be sexy
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Photoshop! or Paint! I did this folder inside folder with categories before ios4 but on ios4 it seems like a whole nother idea, maybe apple will implement it, but theyll make a limit which means we will never have infinite apps.
  5. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    my computer is busy rendering a C4D scene with 4 multi passes, screw opening up photoshop as well. Not to mention i cant be bothered to photoshop, i was doing it all morning for an interview i've got on friday. Extra work is totally not needed right now

6. striker223

striker223 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Though not entirely as minimalist as you, I've been wondering the same thing. I had that going on with Categories for a while, but I ended up getting rid of it because the App Store only seems to work if it's run directly off the springboard. Any ideas since you posted this a week ago?
  7. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Um why not infiniboard, fill the top with iBlanks and have everything underneath it.
  8. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I get what your saying, the springboard in an app! Like the droid slide pop up thing! It's bound to be released some time.