fm transmitters suck!!! help!!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kw37231, Jan 11, 2009.

1. kw37231

kw37231 New Member

i have the griffin fm transmitter for your car. it sounds like crap. my g/f has a monster brand transmitter that sounds pretty good, but it doesn't charge my 8 gig itouch. what are some other products or methods maybe to get a hard wire connection to your car radio for better sound quality?
  2. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    buy a new car radio w/ a ipod connector
  3. fabiansti

fabiansti New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    haha yeah man my sister has one of those and it sucks you can hear some random radio station cut into the music ...... but i dont know other than buying a new car just for the ipod connection

Please Register or Log in to view images

( who would do that) you can buy a new radio or something and hook it up ...pff its cheaper.!
  4. joorowned

joorowned New Member

A physical iPod connector is your best bet. I also have a Griffin iTrip FM transmitter/charger which personally I think is decent. It plays fine in nonpopulated areas (non metropolitan) due to the lack of radio stations. It all depends on where you live. If you want the best quality, go for the connector.
  5. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a 2005 Chrysler. Luckily it still had a cassette deck. I bought a $5 iPod adapter and it works fine. It doesn't charge the iPod, but I don't have to drag CDs around in my car anymore.
  6. Cohen_computer

Cohen_computer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm going to buy a smoke lighter power FM transmitter as well as normal iPod FM transmitter, i have had battery powered ones, and they have worked, and i also had one for my nano, and that was good.

I wouldn't say they are all crap!

Cohen
  7. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't know what you're talking about man. Both my friend and I have a Griffin iTrip (about $60, got mine for Christmas), and they both work fine. I'm pretty sure it does matter where you live, but then again I'm going around RDU everyday (live in Cary) and I've never had a radio station interrupt the transmitter.

So personally, I would go with the iTrip even though it'll set you back about $50-60. And if you don't end up liking it, just take it back and get your money back