FM transmitter noise

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjleworthy, Oct 12, 2008.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I recently bought an FM transmitter so i can listen to my Touch in the car.
    I found a nice 'quiet' frequency to listen on, but with no music playing you can hear a fair bit of background interference noise, mostly coming from the iPod (ie, wireless transmissions, button pressing actions etc etc). all pretty high pitched frequencies too.

i tried to tune to a different frequency and turned off the wireless mode on the Touch so it wasn't searching for a network, but it didn't make too much difference. the background hisses and noise interference was still present.

Any advise on minimizing or eliminating this and getting a nice clear channel ?

I've got one of these -

Please Register or Log in to view images

yes, literally only cost a few bucks (quite literally) but it's frequency range and specs look similar to more expensive models. why would then cheapo one be any different?

I'm quite happy ditching this and spending a bit more (not more than £15 / $30), but would like to know i'm getting something better (sound wise) for my money though.

thanks
  2. coolcosmos

coolcosmos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The power of the signal is way lower, how could you thinnk that a cheap product do exactly the same thing then a 30$ one?
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i dont think anything, thats why i'm asking
  4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My Belkin TuneCast (i think thats the name) even has some background noise, not from button pressing or anything though. So a £15 product I can imagine is going to be a lot worse, considering I got the belkin for £30. Just get a better one.

Please Register or Log in to view images