FM Radio on ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Oscaritomendez, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Oscaritomendez

Oscaritomendez New Member

does anybody know if its possible to get an app for the ipod touch where you can listen to the fm radio? i was wondering this since the ipod has an wifi antenna, maybe you can also use that as an fm radio too.

p.s. oh! and my other question is it possible to view Google videos on the safari web browser? i don't know why but its not working when I'm trying to view videos on myspace or on Google. thanks --Oscar--
  2. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

Well as far as I know there is no app like that, and since the ipod does not have an fm receiver I really doubt you can listen to radio. Maybe a hardware based accessory will be released eventually.

Also you cant watch myspace or google vids because I believe they are flash based, and since flash is not supported...
  3. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

for google video, search for it restricting it only to google by typing "Site:video.google.com SearchTerms"

where SearchTerms = what yu want

in the videos that appear, click the download button after selecting iPod/PSP as the format. the video will open in QuickTime Mobile
  4. iStealth

iStealth New Member

It would be nice... If the ipod could stream radio stations like my moto Q.
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

You can use Orb to stream your home movies and music to your touch. Orb also has internet radio that you can stream to your Ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Only thing is, you have to have a sever running on your pc, and you have to be within wifi to use it.
  6. mredtamu

mredtamu New Member

Orb setup help

Well, I've installed orb, and have the server running, and I can get access to the station through other computers, but haven't been able to get my touch to play any of the streams I've set up. Do you have any suggestions on where to go for help? I'm using uSirius to try and stream sirius to my touch. Thanks!
  7. SitePlan

SitePlan New Member

hopefully they'll be an official third party FM Radio app coming soon.
  8. beppo

beppo New Member

broadcast television

hey you know what whould be cool? Broadcast television on an iPod
    for things like:
    weather
    sports
    local news
    national news
    great tv shows like heroes or family guy
  9. beppo

beppo New Member

Also...

I don't understand why Apple wouldn't just put in a fm radio into the iPod. the fm radio accessory that they are making now is really really small, and it would be even smaller if it did'n have the case, buttons or headphone jack(also I'm pretty sure it uses the headphone wire as the antenna)

for a great review and pics see: http://playlistmag.com/reviews/2006/01/ipodfrmremote/index.php