"Floating Events?"

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by tjgriffin, Jun 15, 2010.

1. tjgriffin

tjgriffin Member

I've had my 2G iPod Touch for a few months now and have moved my contacts and calendar from my Palm TX. My question: in iPhone OS parlance, what is the equivalent of a Palm floating event? The iPod's calendar app doesn't seem to do floating events? Do I have to use a Todo app? It looks like in iCal on my Mac, a todo is the same as a floating event. Is there another term for it? In my mind, a todo is not quite a float and a todo app is different than a calender app.

I've searched the app store and get lots of different calendar and todo apps, but can't tell what's good. I've tried 8 or 10 so far and have not had any luck. I've search terms like "rollover," "carry forward," "float" (of course), and a few other without much luck.One of the tod apps had a note that due to an API restriction, that app had to be running in order for the alarms to go off. Kind of defeats the purpose. Can any one recommend a calendar or todo app with floats/carry over events AND will show alerts/alarms when it's not running? My iPod is not (yet) jailbreaked...jailborken...

FYI, just in case, a Float Event in Palm-speak is a calendar event with a check box. When the alarm goes off, can can sleep/snooze it, or hit OK. If the check box is unchecked, that the event is moved to the next day and the alarm is reset.

Thanks so much!
    Rmndrob likes this.
  2. BrainSCAN

BrainSCAN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello.

I come from Palm as you, and for me DateBk6 was a must have app.

I've found in iPhone that the app "Week Calendar" has that feature! When you create an appointment, select "Repeat" -> "Rolling event".

I wish this helps you.

Best regards.
    Rmndrob likes this.