Flip case necessary in my pocket?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by oldguy, Mar 7, 2010.

1. oldguy

oldguy New Member

I want to get a case for the ipod that I'm also about to buy, but I'm really new to all of this.

I've mostly seen people carry their ipod touch in a pocket without a flip case.

I would prefer to have it this way too. I want to keep it in my front pocket, and have faster access to it. I also don't want to have to hold the case over while I'm navigating the device.

I'm concerned about cracking that touch-screen face if bump into a table when I'm walking around, or having it mashed up in my jeans when I sit (front pocket though, obviously).

Are these things as delicate as all this, or am I not giving them enough credit?

I would like to put on one of those plastic screen protectors and then a wrap-around rubber case. I think it would be easier to keep from dropping it this way too. However, if keeping the screen uncovered next to my leg isn't safe, then I'll deal with a flip case.

Please reply if you've had problems or you know somebody who has.

Thanks!
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, you're not giving them enough credit lol. I guess you not wanting it to crack if you bump into something is possible, unlikely though. But just in case, just put the glass facing your leg, so the back of the iPod is the thing that'll get bumped into.
  3. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Also, with a good case and screen protector, your iPod is virtually invincible. I've dropped mine like ten feet and it was fine.
  4. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    You'll never put it down anyways

Please Register or Log in to view images

My iPod touch is ALWAYS in my hand, haha.

Seriously tho.... the silicon case and protector is enough.. it's all I use, and my ipod still looks fairly new (barely a scratch on the back, only lint ones)... pretty good for a device that is 1 year and 3 days old

I borrowed my friends leather case to see what it was like, and yeah.. the flipping over part is annoying. I still wish I was brave enough to rock my iPod nude..... it just looks better, but I'm too paranoid about the back getting scratched up even tho I didn't mind with my old iPod Classic. My other friends also suggested that if I did want to rock it nude.. that having a felt case to slip it in and out off, and to rest it on when not in hand, would be a good thing too....

Just FYI...
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I rock it nude

No screen protector or anything

6. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    OMG! You rebel! I so wish I could do that. My sister does it too... and I cringe every time I see her put it in her bag

She has a brand new touch, barely a month old and it is so scratched.. but she doesn't care

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Haha, I never wanted to get it scratched up either. I actually did the brushed metal effect and after that, I never cared. It sometimes gets scratched up, but you just redo it and the scratch is gone

8. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    OMG! That's even worse. How... how... I dunno... I'm speechless! I couldn't do that to a new one let alone even my old doesn't-even-go-anymore Classic

haha
  9. Gary_Berg

Gary_Berg New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've got a Griffin Elan Passport Metal that does most of what you want, but it flips to the side instead of over the end. It has a metal plate inside the front cover.

I'm not sure there's much of anything that makes the device safe in a pants pocket but still quick & easy to flip open.
  10. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I have never protected the screen on my iPhone, I just have it facing me all the time, and the case I have has a rubber lip around the edge so the screen doesn't get scratched on any surface I place it on.

(The screen on mine is still pristine... same thing for my iPod touch beforehand.)

I think Speck makes a CandyShell for the iPod touch...