Flaws of Rebel and Neo?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by iPodTouchNoob007, Jan 2, 2009.

1. iPodTouchNoob007

iPodTouchNoob007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm going to get a case for my iPod touch and decided either a Rebel or Neo from switcheasy. I was wondering about the flaws either of them could have. Anyone with those cases have problems with them? And also, which of the two would you recommend?

Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Chris_C14

Chris_C14 New Member

I found it VERY difficult to get the hard spine on the back without denting and damaging the soft plastic polymer section, though I haven't heard anyone else talk about it so perhaps it was just me. Otherwise I have heard about the screen protector bubbling at the edges because of the case.

Anyway, I'd say just do it, its an excellent case, just doesn't really lend itself to removing and putting back on often!
  3. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a neo and it has some flaws, but a very good case overall. For example, the plastic they give you is really soft, almost cheap. The I-frame is easily bent and so is the H-frame. If you keep on taking it off and putting it back on, both of the frames will slowly bend out of shape. For example, If I press the top and the bottom ends of my case, the middle will bulge up quite easily. Another problem is the fact that the I-frame on most cases is really loose and quite bothersome. Otherwise, there a very few flaws to the case. I personally hated the fidgety I-frame and saw that they had a newer version where the frame wasn't as loose. I contacted their customer service, told them about it, and now they're sending me a new one. I even get to keep the old one. If you're picky, this case needs some modding. If not, it's great and it gives a lot of good protection.
  4. iSaint

iSaint New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i second tcq on that, the neo touch case is very good
    the one problem I'd complain on is how thin the first layer is (very thin silicon that can rip, also it is hard to put on the H frame without tearing the first silicon layer

but once you get all that on with care, the case looks absolutely awesome and sleek

you can't go wrong with either switcheasy cases though, the deal you get with the nice case + goodies is unbeatable
  5. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Great I keep seeing problems with the Neo touch Case.. well Ill see what happens when I get it.
  6. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wouldn't worry about it. If you're not all that picky, you'll really like the case.