Flaw in the security system

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by daconcerror, Mar 31, 2009.

1. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok imagine this scenario, you're a spy on a secret mission, you feel safe knowing that if your ipod gets stolen all of your secret codes/information stored in the notes app are protected by your four digit PIN entered when sliding to unlock. But, your ipod gets stolen by (insert evil name here) who takes it back to his house plugs it into itunes lets it start syncing and then slides to unlock bypassing the PIN.

Ok i know that most likely this will never happen but i'd like to think my ipod was more secure than that, i mean seriously, if all the robber has to do is plug it into his itunes there might as well be no point in having a PIN...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Will it sync with iTunes without your account autherized on that computer? Never tried.
  3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, mine is usually synced to my computer but when i plug it in my laptop (unauthorized) the thing which tells you its syncing stays on the ipods screen the whole time you are trying to authorize, so at anytime you can just slide and bypass the password/PIN
  4. iMaztrr

iMaztrr Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    and then there is DFU mode. But that will never be removed. (DFU mode iPod/ restore.)
  5. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    umm yer but in the scenario above you don't want to delete the secret info, thats why its easier than that lol
  6. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    even so, you could use quickpwn and then use Total Commander + t-pot and bingo.
  7. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    wow thats all you have to do? i hope my mom doesnt find that out XD

so all you do is sync and done its unlocked? wow theres really no point in the pin.
  8. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    apple did that on purpose in case you forget, and you can download many programs for notes etc, which password protect your stuff (i have video safe and love it, password protects pictures and videos i put into it) i know there are note apps like this too, so bam, you're saved
  9. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's why I have Lockdown installed. There's an eight-digit passcode on any application that either gives access to system files or contains personal data.