Flashing Battery Icon - iPod not charging?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by problematicallyconfused, Sep 3, 2009.

1. problematicallyconfused

problematicallyconfused New Member

First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my thread.
    I've been having this problem with my iPod touch where the battery icon on the upper right corner flashes, going from the lightning bolt to the synchronization picture.
    It flashes from the following two pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The battery doesn't charge when it flashes so I have to constantly connect and reconnect my iPod touch.

Miscellaneous information:
    -iPod Touch, 16 GB, 2nd Generation
    -I've had it for about three months now.

Any suggestions, comments, or tips would be absolutely great! Thanks a lot and have a nice day!
  2. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sounds like a strange problem.

Youre going to have to put your iPod touch into DFU Mode.
    Make sure you have a backup in iTunes, and then do this:

While its on, plug it in, and hold down the home & power buttons until the screen goes black
    (ignore the slide to power off)

When the screen goes black, wait 1-2 seconds, then (without releasing the home button), release the power button.

Continue holding only the home button until you hear a beep on your computer.

When you hear the beep, you can let go of the home button.
    Open iTunes, and it should give you a message about Recovery Mode, click OK, and then press the restore button.

When its done, your problem should stop, and you can rejailbreak if you were jailbroken.
  3. m-man

m-man Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Having the same issue, mine flickers occasionally between the two icons, i though it might be because of the usb hub i use, but i tried it directly into a usb and its the same, all seems to work well though and it helps if you restart itunes
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ___

actually i was mistaken, a direct line to a usb port works fine and solves the problem,
    the problem is using a non-powered usb..

can someone confirm that using a powered usb hub works fine?
  4. nellisisere

nellisisere New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i am having the same problem, but i am going to take it back to apple and see if i can get a replacement, do you think i can?
  5. Abbey_Chase

Abbey_Chase New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm having the same problem, I am using a HUB so i guess that's why but when i plug my ipod touch into a regular usb port my computer won't recognize it? I have uninstalled itunes and re-installed and restored my ipod. anyone know what else i can do? would restoring my computer fix this?
  6. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Hmm.. I think the "synchronization picture" (first picture) means fully charged. And the lightning bolt is charging. and when you use the iPod it goes to charging then when you don't use it, it charges to the fullest.
  7. Abbey_Chase

Abbey_Chase New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

I have dicovered a solution!!
    My wii has a usb port on the back to i plugged it in out of curiosity and the charge battery symbol popped up!!!
    :)
  8. visage37

visage37 New Member

I am having this same exact issue. I have tried charging it directing to a usb on a computer and charging it from an iHome dock, but the problem still persists. This is getting to be a problem because when the battery icon flashes, my ipod doesn't charge.
  9. visage37

visage37 New Member

I am still experiencing this problem, although I have found that if I charge my ipod on another computer, it will usually work. Still, any ideas?