Flashback: "Why Apple Stores Won't Work"

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Aug 15, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    All I gotta say to this. "I invested in some sort of fruit company and I made millions of dollars." -Forrest Gump

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, It seem like Apple is doing something right. We are just falling into their trap.
  4. Seijaku

Seijaku Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apple is doing things right because it's constantly working on an OS which only works with a selected range of hardware. We all know that Apple hardware is not top of the line, there are a lot of things better than what Apple offers, but MacOS does the job very well because it's written to work with THAT hardware. Besides, their other devices (iphone, ipod, ipad) are completely not common.

Oh, by the way, I'm not an apple fanboy. All my PCs are running Windows/Linux, and I built them myself, but I'm really thinking about building a hackintosh

5. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    my dad DID invest in apple. he had like 300 bucks like 10 years ago he bought like 10 shares of AAPL and some shares of other companies, just becasue he wanted to get into stocks becasue his dad was a stock broker so he just wanted to fool around with it. well since my dad lost his job in winter 2008 we had to cash in, but he made quite some money i believe.
  6. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I reckon they only did well because they had a very unique style that a lot of people just happened to dig.
  7. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well well, AAPL's current share price is a mind-boggling $249.10 as at today. That's one heck of a rise in prices, since your dad bought 10 lots so many years ago, legendarytrainer!

Still, it's just amazing how Steve managed to turn-around a struggling company (about to be bought over by HP, if I'm not mistaken) and make it into the success it is today!

8. Ar very amazing really. Just really tells you that anyone with a good idea and inovative products can hit it big....
  9. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I actually got 2 shares of AAPL stock when it was at $85 and another 1 share at about $115. Boy am I glad with the results!

10. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The more idiots there are who want to buy all of Apples products the richer they become.