Flash....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alpacaman, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In both engadget and apple insider, both articles on flash development only refer to the iPhone, sure, the iPod touch can handle anything the iPhone can, but I have a feeling apple may only release flash for the iPhone, if only to help justify its price tag over the iPod touch. Like google street view. If anyone has a source saying that it is for the iPod touch specifically, then I would be releived, as I want flash as much as the next guy, but I am just not sure it is going to happen. As to when can we expect a release, I have a feeling with the iPod touch 3g, with the (hopefully later this year) 3.0 update, as with 2.0, I think apple may need something to justify the 3.0.
  2. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hehe... Just another reason I love my iphone.
  3. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sure bet you miss your wallet though.....
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That is exactly my point Teslanaut, that none of those links actually mention the iPod touch, only the iPhone, hence my doubts as detailed above

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why wouldn't they give it to the iPod Touch? The reason the iPod Touch didn't get Street View is because it didn't need it. It has no GPS. So whats the point?
  7. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm just not so sure flash will happen for iPod touch. How does no gps make street view redundant? It's originally used on PCs. My pc doesn't have GPS lol. Anyways, I think apple may do so to artificially distinguish between the two, iPod touch is already too similar, and much cheaper. Just a theory that I would like to resolve.