Flash questiion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jenna1983, Jul 7, 2010.

1. jenna1983

jenna1983 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OK we all know that iPhones don't support Adobe flash player. I'm really confused as to whether I should get the iPhone 4 or the Samsung Galaxy S. I've heard that the presence of Flash is a major plus for the Galaxy.

For those who do a lot of browsing on the iPhone, how is the experience without Flash? I still hear everywhere that the iPhone has the best browsing experience hands down, but do you get problems with many websites? Is there that black box that says "please install Flash player" or something?

Thanks guys..
  2. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It depends on the website. If the site has support for the iPhone, there will be a frame with a play button in the middle, which you can click to play the video in a separate videomplayer.

Typically, New York Times and Youtube work. Dailymotion may and may not at the same time. Megavideo, Veoh, and the likes will definitely not work, and you can't background videos so forget about listening to something on Youtube while happily IMing.
  3. eff3ctz

eff3ctz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Very few sites are truly hindered by lack of flash. For the most part, web browsing on the iPhone is what blows all other devices away.
  4. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Plus there is Frash coming too. This will allow you to use flash on the iPhone and iPad. They are still porting it from Android I think
  5. N130

N130 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I honestly don't really even notice flash being absent but maybe that's just me, it was the same way when I had my MyTouch 3G.
  6. z999

z999 New Member

this is an iphone forum. the wrong place to ask whether to get an iphone or not.
  7. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
  8. edgar-ny

edgar-ny Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    there for we have to convince him to get an iphone.......i think web browsing is great on the iphone
  9. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Id get the iPhone 4 over any mobile phone, it has great operating system, variety of apps, stunning screen (seriously lol), it looks good, and the touchscreen is very responsive.
  10. jenna1983

jenna1983 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    LOL! Really....?? You mean these answers may be a bit biased?!

Please Register or Log in to view images

No but seriously, I definitely am more likely to get the iPhone rather than the Galaxy S..especially considering that the camera on the iPhone is way better (even though both are 5 MP). Plus I wouldn't need to carry around both an iPod and a phone.

I just wish the iPhone 4 screen would have been a little bigger..anyway it's still an awesome phone. And it looks way better than the Galaxy.

Now coming back to the flash thing..does anyone know anything about H.264? I read online that this is a new format, similar to flash, but it is actually better suited to cellphones than flash is. Does iPhone 4 have this format?