Flash Player For The Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kdawg123, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Kdawg123

Kdawg123 New Member

A great app on the ipod touch would be flash palyer, then the ipod touch can unlock its true potential. I was wondering if this idea of having flash player on the ipod touch is ever possible. How about some opinions from you?
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I doubt it. The only way is if Adobe makes one, then Apple approves it. And it probably wouldn't be that great.
  3. Kdawg123

Kdawg123 New Member

Yeah, I guess your right (sigh)
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Not again. Please people, stop with the Flash threads.

The Hardware is not good enough for Flash to be properly rendered. Take a look at the PS3 doing Flash, then get back to me. Apple sells video and audio. And they don't want to lose that to other people.

They have an App Store and they don't want lose money from that by allowing people to play little Flash games.

Flash ad-banners are annoying and take up RAM and CPU. Check the hardware specs for the iPod Touch/iPhone and think about it.
  5. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple's going to make sites adjust to them, some are already doing it. YouTube, Dailymotion, and several other sites are offering mobile streaming in QuickTime format. Apple's stalemate against flash is working and will only expand in the future. Be patient.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Apple is going to re-create YouTube, Dailymotion, and other websites? Apple makes websites for people!?

Its better for the device and more lucrative to Apple if they started streaming media that you purchase from the iTunes store.

Just like what Netflix does.
  7. Kdawg123

Kdawg123 New Member

I guess I'll just have to be patient, I only want flash so I can watch videos online that aren't on YouTube like myspace videos.
  8. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah srsly, the ipod just cant handle flash rite now. maybe in the future if the ipod gets better, and if a new form of "Flash" comes around...MAYB... but still
  9. Kdawg123

Kdawg123 New Member

Or instead of flash they should make the ipod touch that allows it to view myspace videos or AOL videos
  10. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well with the new imobile[sumthin] plug-in i think it also allows you to watch flash videos