Flash For iPod Touch 3g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 2fast4u5, Apr 14, 2010.

1. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im thinking about getting an iPod Touch 3G, and was wondering if there is some sort of flash application or plug-in to watch videos online?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can watch youtube, thats probally as far as flash goes on the ipod touch. Adobe and apple are in fight right now lol.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Nope.

But there is an application/company that promises it soonish.
  4. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sweet. :] Thanks guys. That was really really really really really quick lol. Btw, Im new here lol. Also, is there an untethered Jail Break available for the 3G? And is there a list of the firmwares for the 3G with fixes? (sorry for the questions)
  5. fmillion

fmillion New Member

There's no jailbreak for a 3g touch bought just right now, because they ship with 3.1.3. I found this out after buying my 32gb 3g and getting all excited about playing with cydia.. only to find I have 3.1.3 and thus can't do anything to jb...

Apple seems adamant in keeping flash off the iPhone OS even going so far as to alter their SDK licensing to prevent workarounds for "flash emulation" and code converters and the like. I don't know the issue behind it, there has to be some real marketing reason for it, because on the surface it looks childish. Apple doesn't want big bad adobe in on the fun. Although, Apple had to accept that windows dominates the market and make the iPod support windows and put iTunes store on windows, so it hopefully won't be long before they realize that flash is also dominant and keeping it off the iPhone OS only hurts the customers. Apple can't control what goes on the web, and as long as flash is on windows, flash will be on the web.

fm
  6. yiday

yiday New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can use mini opera to look flash
  7. MistorOrange

MistorOrange Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You cannot use Opera Mini to view flash content, and flash will never be coming to ipods/iphones or ipads
  8. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I see. Thanks, this is the type of answer I was looking for. Does anyone know if there are any IRC apps that don't require you to Jail Break the 3G in order to use the application?
  9. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yes there is a new app for browsing and watching flash, i watched a flash movie on it yesterday, the idea was good, but the execution wasnt.

the app is Cloud Browse, free!
  10. dartky

dartky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you can try the "cloud browse" app, it loads flash videos, but it's kinda bugged yet, though I liked it

Please Register or Log in to view images

ps: it is free