[Flamers GTFO] So, with the release of Untethered and the obsoleteness of Tethered...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by owned674, Mar 11, 2009.

1. owned674

owned674 New Member

Are there going to be ANY of you here who are actually going to just stick to the tethered version of the jailbreak? I can see someone not upgrading to the full untethered version, for reasons such as keeping their stuff, or not having to boot often at all.

I upgraded INSTANTLY. No way in hell am I sticking to booting from a computer. I also believe that it would have been a good idea to refrain from releasing a tethered version, as there would have been less noobs with no idea what they're doing posting, spazzing, and flaming others because they "bricked" their iPods. ;D
    But, that's just me.

So, any of you sticking to the tethered Redsn0w?
  2. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i might if i cant find a tool that works. quickfreedom failed me

but eventually ill get it
  3. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nope, I'm updating mine right now. I have about 13 GB of stuff to sync, but I can care less.
  4. milesaaway

milesaaway New Member

I hate having to attach it to a Computer every bluddy time, so i upgraded ASAP, works fine, no problems, CBL, the works.
  5. john_n

john_n New Member

what's the point in this thread? posting [flamers GTFO] will bring flamers and they released the tethered because they didn't know how long they where going to be finding a exploit
  6. jkriall

jkriall New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im waiting until the proper quickpwn stuff comes out from iphone dev/chronic because i generally mess up jailbreaking first time, and this time i wanna make sure its good. Tethered is fine 4 me atm
  7. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

im staying tethered. i rarely reboot (i think only once since i jailbroke a month or so ago). i do not feel like resyncing everything or getting all my jailbroken apps.
    so tethered it is!
  8. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think the benefit of not being chained to a computer completely outweighs the dislike of re-syncing everything back into your ipod.

It's also not just about not rebooting that often. Crashes can still occur.
  9. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    untethered mine last night when it was first released. should have thought it through and backed up my stuff first but i was excited. lol
  10. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ya im waiting 4 the quickpwn too.