Fixing "save problem" without SSH

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by thecrap, Mar 30, 2008.

1. thecrap

thecrap New Member

hi,
    I can't save games on my gba games and I've searched the forum but I can't find a way to fix without SSH. Any ideas?
  2. kimt08

kimt08 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have the same problem. help?
  3. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Have you tried mobileFinder?
  4. cazmaestro

cazmaestro New Member

Im am sorry but u have not searched the forum enough cos there is at least 2 or more threads related on this subject and they all have answers. But ill give you some help anyways.
    download term-vt100 from installer (it is in the system section) and login. The password is alpine and the login is root. But it should only ask u for the password. If the password alpine does not work then do this:
    1. Download SUID lib fix from tweaks 1.1.3
    2. Download bsd subsytem 2.0 termfix from tweaks.
    3. Exit installer and it should automatically respring.
    The alpine password should now work. When you login enter these codes. Try not to misspell anything and after each code hit enter.

chown -hR mobile /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA

chmod -R 755 /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA/

chmod -R 755 /Applications/gpSPhone.app/

After you have entered those codes and hit enter after each one it may seem as nothing has happened. It is suppoesed to do that. Then exit term-vt100 and restart. (I dont know if respringing is enough but you might aswell just restart it just to make sure). Enter gpSPhone and you SHOULD be able to save games on your ipod. If this doesnt work sorry and look more around the forums, there are answers for every problem here.

If this does work please rep me. I dont really know what this does for me but loads of people keep askin for them so it must be good!!!!!
  5. thecrap

thecrap New Member

hey wtf when I try to download termvt from installer I get " download package failed". I can download every file except this . What's the prob? Tried restarting pod.
  6. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Try from another source, not all are available all the time.
    Use iappcat.com/r/5405 - its my personal source compiled with my main used apps.

How ever you can always SSH to your ipod using putty or something similar then execute the commands.

Thnks
  7. thecrap

thecrap New Member

hi itried typing the 3codes but didn't work . Is the word "missing operand" supposed to appear after the first code ?
  8. Madnebular

Madnebular New Member

As far as I know you can use BossTools as well for this:
    Open BossTools, hit "More" and there "Fix user permissions". I didn't try it, but it says there that it sets all the root/media and mobile/media permissions to 755.
  9. thecrap

thecrap New Member

o what is the problem ? I have already set all perm to 755
  10. k.nitsua

k.nitsua Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    same problem, i can download everything except termvt-100 and i need it to fix the gbsphone save issue.