[Fixing Issues] iMilk - Theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by bddckr, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If u had (or have) the iMilk theme on ur ipod, please post what problems do you have.

Things you need for the installation:

- Increased 3rd party Application Limit

- SummerBoard.app

- BSD Subsystem

- Make sure to kill every app that is running, to do that: open any application and hold the home button until the app closes now go into installer and install.

Things to do after install:

- Exit installer and let it respring

- Reboot your iPod Touch

- Go into SMBPrefs and choose iMilk

What did u exactly do?
    And if there is anybody who could install and uninstall it, both in debug mode of installer... Could you post what installer writes to ur terminal?
  2. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Before you install, make sure you back-up everything important on your iPod.

Not to start flaming this thread, this is a serious suggestion to anyone who wants this theme. It's a very sleek and good looking theme, it just takes a lot from your iPod, and I'm just saying that you should definitely make a back-up of any photos, music, or videos that you do not have on your computer, along with any documents or applications that you NEED.

There is a chance that this theme will force you to restore, as happened to me. By no means am I saying "Don't install this theme! It sucks!" because that just isn't true. It's a very good looking theme with great support from ChriB. It just has a very intricate installer, so I suggest backing up.

WinSCP + OpenSSH are your friends.
  3. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks, I'm still sry

Please Register or Log in to view images

But I removed it from the server, so nobody will get any chances to get it, until we fix the issues...
    The theme created a backup.
    U could restore these backups but it could happen (like it happened to pythonusr) that a lot of complications come together and that could reallys force u to restore...

Help is needed, i really want to upload the theme again.

Here's the script, I hope u guys will see that i wanted it to make sure nothing gets wrong, but it happened

Please Register or Log in to view images

Script:
    http://chrib.x10hosting.com/plists/ChriB/iMilk.plist
  4. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

First of all. BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES PLEASE.

If you want this theme its really easy.
    Installer can make issues. Mine was screwed up but its easy to fix.

Only Install the theme via SSH/Total commander and your iPod come back to normal.
  5. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I really have a backup folder, i will upload it if necessary.

Anybody out there who can help me and debug it?
  6. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

The problem is the installation, when te UIkit are changed you need to restore. Mine got blurred and the colors were wrong. Put only the theme. The Uikit and other mods must install manually
  7. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

I can help you with debugging it, actually. I just restored, and I have nothing to lose right now.
  8. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    could u use putty instead of that u used before? maybe it could hang again..

why does it work on my touch over 20 times?
    i tried it... install, exit, let it respring... move the slider (idk if this is needed) turned it off, turned it on, looked at it, installer, uninstall, an error appeard, "running out of disk space" could not click it, because installer was still uninstalling... it finished, clicked ok to error message, clicked ok to my own message, exit of installer, let it respring, slidermove, reboot it like i did before and it's like it was before i installed the theme.
  9. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Alright, I guess it's WinSCP. Seeing as with PuTTY I can get Installer opened WITHOUT an error message or crashing.
  10. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok. i reupload it and u install it if any errors appear post what terminal wrote.
    remember:
    exit: just quit terminal...

and remember:
    install BSD subsystem first and summerboard.