iPhone 3GS Fixing cookies on Iphone 3GS iOS 4.0??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sneak3, Jul 23, 2010.

1. sneak3

sneak3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hellow guys. I just bought a new iphone 3GS that already came with firmware 4.0. The thing is that there's that damn safari bug with the cookies and all...

Is there anyway to jailbreak my iphone right now? If now, how can I fix that? Can I access iphone's internal files without jailbreaking? I've tried to restore it to factory settings but it's not working...I think iTunes might have something to do with that...Because the first time I turned it on, the cookies were OK, after some time it just STOPPED! Do I have to delete something in itunes file in order to make it work?

Thanks!!
  2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is no jailbreak yet. Wait for comex. You can't view the root files without jailbreaking and to fix that try using Opera Mini from the appstore. It's free
  3. sneak3

sneak3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hm all right...but how about the complete restore process? What am I doing wrong? What should I do for the data to be reallyyyy erased from both iphone and itunes so they dont sync after?
  4. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Place the phone in DFU and restore in iTunes. Once the restore is done set it up as a new phone, and don't restore from a back up. If you don't want it to sync simply cancel it by sliding you finger on the screen when it says so.
  5. sneak3

sneak3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes, i've already tried to do like you said but it doesn't work. Apparently, iphone syncs with itunes too fast for me to cancel the syncing and I believe the problem remains exactly there. The first time I activated my iphone, I dont remember now but I guess it didnt sync and if it did, there were no files that could have changed something related to the safari bug.

I'll try to cancel the syncing but if I can't, where in the itunes/apple folder should I go to clear anything that has to do with iphone's safari, cookies, etc?