Fixing an iPhone Screen, not-so-dead-pixels

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KushiRules, Aug 29, 2009.

1. KushiRules

KushiRules New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I did not know where to put this, sorry.
    My cousin has an iPhone 2G and recently the 4, 5, and 6 dial numbers don't work. He put it in something hot and 6 number started working. Nothing else did.
    The 4 and 5 numbers don't work either. It is jailbroken on T-Mobile on 3.1 Firmware. NOTICE: ONLY THE PHONE APP SHOWS THESE UNRESPONSIVE PIXELS. YOU CAN CLICK IN THESE AREAS WHEN OUT OF THIS APP.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks.
  2. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    ... 3.1 firmware isn't out ...
    Anyway, try restoring.
  3. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    There all some appstore apps that are used to try fix dead pixels, but they never work for me :/
  4. stonebot

stonebot New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I found pressing really hard on the screen were there were dead pixels fixed them...
  5. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont think theyre dead pixels, but your touch screen is actually unresponsive to those areas.

In the iPod touch 2G forum, theres a sticky on how to fix dead pixels, you can try it, but I dont think youre going to get anywhere.

Put your iPod into DFU Mode, and restore it to stock firmware using the Restore button in iTunes. After you have it running stock firmware, take it to an Apple Store to have them take a look at it.

If they find no signs of physical damage, theyll either repair it, or give you a new one on the spot