Fixing an audio jack

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 7usabball, Feb 2, 2010.

1. 7usabball

7usabball New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I'm going to be doing this. Just bought a broken 1g ipod touch with a messed up audio jack, so I got the new audio jack and waiting on the ipod touch.

1. Is there any video showing this?

2. Would this actually make the sound work, http://cgi.ebay.com/IPOD-LINE-OUT-D...er_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item43991c4a8a ?
    (I'm wondering if this could be a fix to an audio jack problem, so that would be cool if someone could answer this.)

3. Is replacing the audio jack hard (please only respond to this if you have done it, thanks)
  2. Puaar94

Puaar94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you will have to buy the amplifier with the ebay product for it actually to work
  3. 7usabball

7usabball New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    As far as disassembly goes, this should help. It should be a simple swap out for replacing a part.
  5. 7usabball

7usabball New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks a lot, I'll check it out.
  6. 7usabball

7usabball New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry for double post, but I would like to say this now.

I bought a total of 7 as is ipods on ebay. ($310 shipped)

1 worked fine right away, 2 i had to update and they worked fine.

1 has bad backlight (needs lcd)
    1 has error code 1603 (tried dsu mode, also seems as if it needs a new battery)(this I may not be able to fix)
    1 needs a new battery as it will not hold its charge

And now for the one I attempted an audio jack fix on, so I can give out some pointers.

1. Opening the ipod is easy, but be careful.
    2. Beware of the batteries wires, one was really loose, i touched it, and it came out, the wire was too short, i had to clip the wire, solder another wire onto it, and solder it back in place, which was actually quite annoying (the black wire)
    3. When taking out the audio jack, first remove the tape
    4. After that, unscrew the screw connecting the audio jack.
    5. Gently lift up where the screw was getting held and pull out the jack, but beware of the placement that held the audio jack and connected it to the ipod.
    6. Note: I broke what I'm talking about, so now it's worse than it was (only one side worked)
    7. Idk if it's just me, but the audio jack was actually CONNECTED to the tab I am talking about, so I don't understand how you are suppose to remove it, can anyone clarify that to me? Cause there are no videos on fixing that.
    8. If you are fixing an ipod, and you see the ipod won't turn back on, don't worry, it just means you pulled a wire from the battery, and you just need to solder it back on.