[FIXES]iPod Touch OS 3.0 Issues/Bugs

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by gman180, Jun 18, 2009.

1. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Issues/Bugs/Problems in iPhone OS 3.0 and iPod Touch OS 3.0

1. Bluetooth cannot pair with any device: RESTORE DONT CLICK UPDATE
    im goıng to try thıs today

2. The "Sync Notes" feature in iTunes is not working yet: RESOLUTION- Plug in your iPod, go to "Info" tab and select "Sync Notes". Then, quickly hit "Apply" and quickly select another tab at the top (ie- Music). Let it sync. Then open Mail and your notes should be under: Reminders> Notes. There is no way to save as a file.

3. When selecting what you want the iPod to do when double-clicking the Home Button, it still brings up the controls for "Music": RESOLUTION- First, enter "Settings" and select "General". Then, scroll down to "Home". Then, flip the switch that says "iPod Controls" (so it is off). Once your are done with that, select what you want a double-click of the Home button to be. NOTE: Selecting "off" on "iPod Controls" no longer gives you the option to control your music from the home button. You can still control it in the "Music" app.

4. YouTube not working at first: RESOLUTION- Connect to iTunes and allow sync

5. No Push Notifications in "Settings": RESOLUTION- Download an app that supports Push Notifications, enter the app, select "YES" to the dialog box and you will have a "Notifications" option in "Settings" now.

6. "I've had some wonky behavior with Wifi. Often when I open Safari, the Wifi icon disappears and it tells me I'm not connected. Then the icon reappears and it connects to the page I wanted. Same thing in the App Store, it'll come up with the "Not Connected" graphic then decide to connect."
    (Resplendent): RESOLUTION- Turn off your iPod Touch, let it sit for 10 minutes, turn the iPod back on. Sync with iTunes. It should now work.

7. "I'm not sure if its a bug, but when I'm playing a song, the volume adjustment slider disappears when I unplug the headphones and appears again when I plug them back in." : FIX (billybojilly)
    This happens when you have a fm transmitter or any dock connector device that plays music from the iPod. just plug the ipod in the device and unplug it.

8. "Every time I wake the iPod from sleep, I have to reconnect manually to my wi-fi network even though "Ask to join networks" is on and it is one of my preferred networks where as in 2.2.1 it would always join on its own." (habsfan321): RESOLUTION- Tap "Settings". Go to "General". Select "Reset". Select "Reset Network Settings". Once restarted, type network settings in and it should now work without problems.

9. Some users have reported that their mic has not been found by the "Voice Memos" app: AS OF NOW, THERE IS NO RESOLUTION FOR THIS.

10. Spotlight Search Problems (All fall under this category): AS OF NOW, THERE IS NO RESOLUTION FOR THIS.

11. In Mail and Notes, the page does not turn to landscape all the time: AS OF NOW, THERE IS NO RESOLUTION FOR THIS.

12. There is a problem that was reported about Shake to Shuffle not working. Please make sure you are playing a song before you shake. Otherwise, it will not work.

13.Some users report a small segment of unlit pixels around the iPods/iPhones screen

14.Quote:"It lags like he'll when I go into landscape view"Fix give ur iPhone/ipodtouch a reset

15.A2DP Bluetooth headset some times lags and doesn't connect FIX turn off headset turn Bluetooth off on your ipodtouch 2G/iPhone 3G then restart it when you are done doing that turn a2DP headset on then try to connect.also some objects chop down the signal of your Bluetooth.keep close to ur device 1-9 meters

16. Some users have reported that their device's battery drains very quickly.Fix turn off push in mail settings and fetch new data set it as manual this will fix that

17. Some users have reported that their device will not save images from a website in Safari
    NO RESOLUTION. BUG

18. Some users have reported that, when bookmarking a website to the Home Screen, the bookmark does not launch or crashes after launch.
    NO RESOLUTION. BUG

19.When fliped into landscape view this happens on some apps

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sadly

there is no fix

20."I am using OS 3.0 and i cannot enter the Calendar Settings. I touch Settings and then Mail, Contacts, Calendars and two things happen: I have two mail accounts created which are displayed correctly but following appear two empty accounts which are displayed incorrectly on the screen When I scroll down to look for Calendar settings it does not go further than the Always Bcc Myself option and if i try to scroll futher down, it goes back to the home screen..."

RESOLUTION: "Sounds like your mail sync settings and/or signature may have something in it causing the settings app to crash. Back up your phone by syncing, and then try this on the phone: Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings If that doesn't fix it, you may have to fiddle around with the Info tab in iTunes to try replacing the data on the phone, or as a last resort, restore the phone as a new device (in case the backup is somehow corrupted)"

21.There have been reports that application icons have been mixed up with one another. For example, the icon for Remote may be the icon for TapTap or vice versa. Some icons may be grayed out or even morphed together.RESOLUTION- Delete the application, restart the device and then re-install the application

UPDATE:Multiple users have said that restoring their devices to 3.0 will resolve many issues.This is something you could try.

OS 3.1 will fix most of these bugs so just wait,for jailbreak users the redsnow jailbreak will still work with 3.1
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    nice work, you should have added [FIXES] to your thread name. If this expands it should get stickied. Will save us people asking the same questions over and over again

3. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ya i updated today to 3.0 and i found some bugs people should know well lets wait until apple realeases 3.0.1 and then ill update to that

4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    And over, and over, and ever again.

To most of the problems, restoring, but setting up as a new iPod will fix most issues. It really will.

5. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ya correct man apple should have tested it really good before realeasıng it to the public
    shame on you apple ım dısapoınted
  6. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    maybe they gave us a patched up dev version. good knows what they did releasing it with these these holes (although i'll survive)
  7. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    your 100% right apple man why not just push back the realease date and test the OS a bıt more

8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Because Apple is the perfect company. JK.

On another note, the Palm Pre is looking pretty good right now.
  9. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    oh well, at least we'll get no more people asking when it will be released. All we need to do is wait for an update with bug fixes. Tut tut apple

(Upgraded to aficionado status!

)
  10. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you know that saying 'sh*t happens'

BUT I WAS PISSED WHEN BLUETOOTH DIDNT WORK