(FIXED) How i fixed my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mubb, May 8, 2008.

1. Mubb

Mubb New Member

Hellow am writting this to help ppl that could have the same problem.

The tip i recommend is to always have respring.app installed, it could come handy (link below)

The Story

When i rebooted my 1.1.4 jailbroken iPod it just got stuck on the apple booting logo, then it eventually started flashing shower either black and white or random coloured pixels, and i noticed the Snap and View icon on top left so i figured screenshot.app must be conflicting in some way. Was annoying, forced it to restart a few times by holding home and sleep button for a few seconds. Eventually i got to springboard, seemed to work, i could launch an app but then i could'nt click on anything. (even like settings or anything just a working springboard, launched app but nothing after.

Symptons :

Flashing booting apple logo
    Snap and View icon from Screenshot.app
    Unuseable springboard : can launch but then unresponsive screen.
    By the way useable SSH and iTunes Syncing
    Oh and also when u pressed sleep the screen didnt switch off, u could still distinguish the slide to unlock thingy

The Fix*

I read on forum a few tips and this is what worked :

Download respring.app
    http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/iphone/download/Respring-010.zip

Put in in /Application using SSH ( if u dont know what that is, search on forum)
    Then the annoying part: u notice it doesn't show on springboard directly.. so uve gotta switch off and on again ure iPod
    Of Course it'll take a few force boots to eventually get after the flashing apple stage but still, i got bak to springboard after about 5 tries. (hold home and sleep button a few seconds to force it off
    Then when u can see respring.app launch it it should get u to unlock screen.
    Then the springboard should work well, and with installer just uninstall the app that was conflicting ( in my case screenshot.app )
    Then mine worked like a charm and with no Restore

Hope it was usefull,

Mubb

Rep is always appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Sarge

Sarge New Member

Wow thank you!
    I had trouble with these:

Unuseable springboard : can launch but then unresponsive screen.
    Oh and also when u pressed sleep the screen didnt switch off, u could still distinguish the slide to unlock thingy

Your solution worked perfectly!
  3. Greatnesss

Greatnesss Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry ur link doesnt work.