Fix Youtube and Push doesnt work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fedex14, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Fedex14

Fedex14 New Member

I didn't know where to put this, I have a 1G iPod Touch 3.1.2, jailbroken with blackra1n, push notifications and youtube don't work, and I can't figure out why! I installed the "push fix" from sinful repo but it didn't do anything, I can't use youtube or push, what do I do :S

Another thing, my iPod is veeeeeeery slow, is there anyway to make it go faster?

Thanks!
  2. LastChaosBeast

LastChaosBeast New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Blackra1n messes up your Youtube and Push..

I suggest jailbreak with either redsn0w or spirit as both of those work. Ya gotta restore though.
  3. Fedex14

Fedex14 New Member

Yes I know, but I dont want to restore, got way too many apps and can't sync with iTunes because for some reason it deletes them :S
  4. LastChaosBeast

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iTunes deletes your apps because they aren't in your library. I don't know why it deletes them, but whatever.

To easily get your apps back with a simple process, plug your iPod in, then when iTunes gives you a pop-up, click on Transfer Purchases. Next, restore your iPod and set it up as a new iPod. Click on your iPod in the sidebar in iTunes, then go to Apps. Tick "Manage apps manually" or something of that sort, then just tick the apps you want in your iPod. Done.
  5. Fedex14

Fedex14 New Member

The problem comes when I click on transfer purchases, from some reason it doesn't let me, it says i'm not authorized and even if I do authorize it again it keeps giving me the same error and then the apps get deleted :S
  6. LastChaosBeast

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok try this. When it asks you to transfer, say no, and while your ipod says sync in progress, cancel it. Then, click on your iPod, then Apps, and tick "Manually manage apps" or something of that nature.
  7. JailBreaker

JailBreaker Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Jailbreak your ipod touch. With Spirit. Its the best jailbreak outthere.(in my opinion)
  8. Fedex14

Fedex14 New Member

But iTunes tells me that if I don't transfer them it will erase them from my iPod :S
  9. It could also be your DNS server that is stopping push, try a public DNS server like 194.150.168.168