Fix this, wait, or new iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elykl33t, Nov 18, 2008.

1. elykl33t

elykl33t New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right now I've got a 1st gen iPod touch that I've had since last christmas. Recently, the screen cracked (the glass screen, not the internal) and while it is still usable, it doesnt look pretty. Also, it recently got very wet and now has something wrong with the LED (i assume) screen with discoloring. I've looked into buying a new screen and fixing it myself, but the question is that if it works will it be worth the $50 or so it will cost and possibly messing it up some, or should i just buy an ipod 2nd gen? Or should i just like wait it out for a third ipod touch because, knowing apple, im afraid ill buy the 2nd gen and then itll become obselete!

So, try and repair 1yr old first gen 16gb, buy a 2nd gen 16gb, or just try and wait??????

any advice?
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Buy 2G and sell 1G on eBay.
  3. elykl33t

elykl33t New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    even though the 1g screen is cracked and f***ed up? will anyone honestly buy that?
  4. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    same thing happened to me.

i bought a 30 dollar digitizer on ebay chisled the cracked digitizer out after i opened the ipod and its now good as new
  5. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

ouch
    that's gonna leave a mark
    maybe someone will buy it for like 100 bucks
    or get a screen replacement
  6. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But what happens when you buy the 3rd gen version and then they come out with the 4th gen? My point is not to worry. It'll be another year before a new touch comes out so just buy the 2g and be happy with it. No matter what you buy it'll be outdated in no time anyway.
  7. MonkeyLove

MonkeyLove New Member

Ahhhh the ever moving forward of tech,its kinda like paddling upstream in a canoe with a tablespoon.But you gotta admit the view is still great...

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Even if the 3rd Gen comes out, the 2g wont be obsolete. 1g aren't obsolete now.

And yeah, sell it to me for 50 bucks and I'll buy it.
  9. elykl33t

elykl33t New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think ima just buy another 1st gen 16gb cause i wanna be able to jailbreak it.

Flipzter, would you really buy it? i can show you a pic, but the screen is cracked and the display is kinda messed up.
  10. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

LOL yeah. 50 bucks and I'll take it. You can buy a replacment screen and display elyk. you can even find step by step guide by googling. But if you want to sell it, just yell.