fix summerboard 1.1.4 after soft upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Steven R, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Steven R

Steven R New Member

Listen everybody with a problem with summerboard 1.1.4 after the soft upgrade. I have fixed it. first download putty http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/89503494/putty.exe.html .login is root and passwrd is alpine then copy & paste this : ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard then hit enter. then SSH to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app highlight everything beneath the folders and change permissions to 755. Done thank you thank you. BEWARE IF DONE INCORRECTLY CAN PUT YOUR IPOD INTO RECOVERY MODE.
  2. gatorbyte

gatorbyte New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Mail won't load

I followed this procedure (using a variation of iPodtouchmaster's video) and did get Summerboard working... i didn't notice until the next morning that I was no longer to load the mail app. Every time that I attempt to load it, it jumps to the "set up a email account" screen. Then just drops the app;

Anyone have any experience with this problem and/or develop a fix?

gatorbyte
  3. FlyHoneyGuy83

FlyHoneyGuy83 New Member

ok... after i did this, my ipod touch went recovery mode.... is that because i killed the spring board to refresh after i changed SpringBoard.app's permissions to 755?
  4. Steven R

Steven R New Member

i am very sorry about this. I had the same problem at first. Make sure you have summerboard installed first. Make sure putty looks like this:
    # ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard . hit enter. then go straight into your springboard app and do as i said above. careful to only restart after you have done both of these things. I am sorry again i should have warned about recovery mode
  5. sushiboy

sushiboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The thing is, folders (i think even the .plists) are the ones that you should change to 755. images are 644
  6. Steven R

Steven R New Member

images work with 755 and do not change the folders permissions. Just change everything beneath
  7. FlyHoneyGuy83

FlyHoneyGuy83 New Member

i jailbroke and tried it again and it worked! you guys helped me a lot! i really appreciate it! thanks to rsteven08 & sushiboy!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Gareth Pugh

Gareth Pugh New Member

Great fix rsteven08, i'm glad someone managed to do it.
  9. sushiboy

sushiboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Glad you finally make it work.

Now if you just click that scale thingy down my username please?

10. Steven R

Steven R New Member