[FIX] Pwnplayer Lockscreen Controls

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Parm289, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If your lockscreen controls for pwnplayer don't work, even if you have tried reinstalling the app, rebooting, and toggling the preference, then the problem is most likely that you are running a custom Wallpaper.html in winterboard. To fix this issue and use the lockscreen controls, you must disable the custom Wallpaper.html theme in winterboard.

While you're at it, any of you who have lockdown enabled, you might as well disable that too. If you run pwnplayer, exit to the homescreen, and run an app which is locked down you will be forced to reboot into safe mode. In fact, I'm writing this from safe mode, after I sucessfully recreated the bug four consectuive times.

Just a couple of heads-ups. Apparently the mobilesubstrate portions of pwnplayer are still a bit raw - just take some precautions if you want to run pwnplayer as your primary media player.
  2. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thank you... i will wait for the officail ones. i dont like safe modeing my ipod... it bad for my health...
  3. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    official what?
  4. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You don't have to "safemode your iPod.". This fix is to avoid that. If you want to avoid most crashes, just disable the touchscreen controls altogether.
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    thanks. but i already got mine to work moderately well

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Articfury

Articfury Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i disabled all of my winterboard things and it still didnt work... what else could be wrong?
  7. gollyzila

gollyzila New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    damn i cant get rid of Lockdown or my wallpaper.html. Looks like no PwnPlayer. (LOL ironic thing just happened, i went into SAFE MODE while typing this) Sigh hope this problem gets addressed in next beta.