Fix iPod and sell or just sell?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rkrueger, Jul 20, 2010.

1. rkrueger

rkrueger Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hey all,

I need some advice. I own an iPod 2nd Generation MB Model. The power button was giving me lots of problems. Since it was out of warranty, I opened up the iPod and attempted to fix it myself. This was successful, except that in the process I broke the Digitizer and LCD.

I am planning on getting the new iPod when it gets released in September. However, would I be better selling this on eBay without fixing it, or would I be better fixing it and selling it on eBay? Other words, to fix or not to fix. I found the parts on amazon, both for under $30.

Thanks, and please help me out with any advice.
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    both for under 30$? you mean each one under 30$?! both togetehr for less than 30 dollars seems not serious to me...usually it costs at least 50-60 dolalrs to get these parts
  3. rkrueger

rkrueger Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  4. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    An 8GB, I'd just sell it. But since it's an MB model I'd also suggest fixing then selling it. Or even keeping it after you fixed it so could still play around with a jailbroken device until the new iPod is jailbroken. Then sell it.
  5. rkrueger

rkrueger Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think I will just fix it. I might not have enough money anyway when the new one comes out. Even if I do then I'll have two and stuff so yeah.

EDIT: However, can someone check those links to see if they look legit and what I need?
  6. Isaac

Isaac Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Dude, if you're gonna sell it, fix it. No one will want to buy a broken iPod. (not jailbroken hehehehe)