fix for ipod hud and menu??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by andybno2, Jul 2, 2009.

1. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have tried the various fixes for the mmpflip but I still find myself without the HUD also the wallpaper and sounds menus are missing from my 1st gen settings menu.

is there a working fix for these?
  2. ebbes

ebbes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think the problem is that in Preferences.app the plist says that wallpaper and sounds menus are only shown, if unified-ipod is set to false. mmpflip sets it to true like on iPhone as far as I know. Another option would be to change Info.plist in the iPod-App to change its display mode.
  3. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what do I need to change in the info.plist?
  4. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    yeah i found that out today. just change it so it shows when its true and it should work.

EDIT: when i say it should work i mean the wallpaper and sounds, i have not been able to get HUD with MMP Flip.
  5. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well I found the info.plist edit gave me a grey icon for ipod and spotlight didn't work but I had my menus back lol
  6. Fix sound and wallpaper settings in Preferences (MMP Flip)

I have the solution!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Okay, here's what I've done (on FW 3.0):

1. I installed MMP Flip (SOS Source)

2. I modified the N45AP.plist in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app in order to get Spotlight working with unified iPod – p.m. me if you still have to do this

3. Then I had to realize that sound and wallpaper settings had disappeared from my Preferences.app

4. I installed Supreme Preferences Three 1.0 (now available on Cydia)

5. Sound and wallpaper were still missing, so I went on an ODDYSSEY to find the right plist-file which had to be modified

6. I finally discovered it: It is the Settings-iPod.plist located in /private/var/stash/Themes.[whatever-you-have-here]/Supreme Preferences 3.0.theme/Bundles/com.apple.Preferences

7. Download the rar-file which I've attached to this post - it's a modified Settings-iPod.plist

8. I have added the code from the Settings-iPhone.plist which was missing in the Settings-iPod.plist - you can check for yourself with a plist-editor if you want to. If you don't want to modify the file on your own proceed with step 9

9. Replace the file in /private/var/stash/Themes.[whatever-you-have-here]/Supreme Preferences 3.0.theme/Bundles/com.apple.Preferences with the downloaded one (unrar first!)

10. Respring your device and check your Preferences

NOTE:

You can also try fixing your disappeared settings without installing Supreme Preferences - it might also work if you directly replace the Settings-iPod.plist in /private/var/stash/Applications.pwn/Preferences.app with the file I attached to this post.
    I haven't tried that yet, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work

Attached Files:

7. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    It could work that idea above me!
    Well, don't mess it up and good luck

8. Well, I just tried directly replacing the Settings-iPod.plist in Preferences.app and switched off Supreme Preferences within Winterboard.

I then closed Winterboard. Respring. Opened Preferences and...TADA! Sound and Wallpaper are where they are supposed to be

So it works both ways - but if you want your double-click for iPod controls as it had been before you installed MMP Flip you should install Supreme Preferences.

Then go to Supreme Preferences > Mobile Substrate > Supreme Substrate. There you can activate Supreme Controls which lets the iPod controls pop-up anytime, anywhere when double-clicking the Home button.