fix cydia with no terminal

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by mcp4456, Oct 21, 2008.

1. mcp4456

mcp4456 New Member

ok so i finally made the move up to 2.1, paid the 10 bucks and everything, and quickpwned. cydia refuses to open even after repwning. now im stuck with installer and i cant find mobile terminal in it. anyone got any suggestions on how to get it to start working? oh and i got ssh to work but i dont know how to find things in 2.1 through winscp
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Did you reset the iPod? Did Cydia, when you first opened it up, say it was organizing things and would automatically respring when finished? Or did you not even get that far?
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Just restore again, it's no big deal.
  4. mcp4456

mcp4456 New Member

neverrr even even got far enough for it to organize i think it was just one of this one time stupid inconviences that just piss you off im just gonna restore again
  5. Jarlath

You could also try just rejailbreaking and it should reinstall Cydia. But restoring and rejailbreaking will likely do the trick too.
  6. joshrose54

joshrose54 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

face palm...you can't re-jailbreak a already jailbroken deivce without restoing first.

Another option for you dude is to download Mobile Terminal from the web somewhere and SSH it in. However, if you are not experienced with that sort of stuff, i would restore and try again and make sure that the first thing you do is set Auto-Lock to off before even running Cydia
  7. mcp4456

mcp4456 New Member

uhhh haha i did manage to repwn it but still no success and i was gonna go though and download it and go through all the trouble but it didnt really seem worth it so restoring worked best
  8. Jarlath

You don't have to rejailbreak - all that will do is go through the process, or try to, then recopy the Cydia files onto the iPod. Otherwise, to be absolutely sure it'll get fixed Restore to a factory state, then rejailbreak while there aren't extra programs on there.