FIX Contacts and iPod/Music on 1.1.3 JB

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ficho, Jan 25, 2008.

1. ficho

ficho New Member

Okay, I haven't seen this simple fix anywhere si I'll post it here.

What it does?
    - makes your iPod act like iPhone, but...
    - adds contacts on your springboard
    - removes the stupid "iPod" icon and replaces it with standard iPod touch's "Music" icon
    - removes all the stuff from .plist that are not needed (tryed removing more, but it disabled the 5 apps and webclips and homescreen reordering)

How it works?
    - you backup (just in case) your N45AP.plist file in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ and replace it with the attached one you download and unzip.

O, and MAKE SURE YOU RESTART YOUR IPOD for these changes to happen!

Attached Files:

2. animexbox

animexbox New Member

maybe the ones you've disabled can be added onto the Touch's NXXX.plist so you could have the homescreen reordering and apps

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ficho

ficho New Member

I'm still experimenting with those .plist files, but at the moment this is doing 2 main things i wanted. I will update you if i find something more

EDIT: I think I tried everything now. Only thing that adds full 1.1.3 functionality is putting <key>telephony</key> <true/> into the .plist.....so you basically get the same file i put here. But important stuff are <key>standAloneContacts</key> <true/> which iPhone's .plist doesn't have and replacing iPhone's <string>com.apple.mobileipod-AudioPlayer</string> with iPod's <string>com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer</string>

Gonna focus on trying to replace the text for "no service" now....there must be some string somewhere

4. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    SBFakeCarrier in com.apple.springboard.plist.

I believe that plist is stored in the mobile user folder now. MIM.app doesn't work because it's trying to access it in the root user folder.

Also, in the same file is where you can set SBUseNewDock to True, which may bring back the reflective Dock.
  5. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Thanks for doing this for us. I'll be sure to get this done when I get home.. I don't want useless phone or SMS apps on my summerboard.
  6. ficho

ficho New Member

I found a simple way to restore iPod settings all you have to do is switch 2 filles in /Applications/Preferences.app ... the Settings-iPhone.plist with Settings-iPod.plist

My iPod touch now looks EXACTLY like the "real" 1.1.3 with purchased apps and stuff + it has installer and all the cool apps....only 1 more thing to get rid of is the activation pop-up, anoying after installing stuff from installer or changing .plists and rebooting (which i did over 100 times today)

7. swd72000

swd72000 New Member

Sorry if this is noobish but i see both the Settings-iPhone.plist with Settings-iPod.plist files in /Applications/Preferences.app. How do you mean switch them?
  8. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Maybe rename the iPhone.plist to iPod.plist?... I duno.. but this is stellar news (as soon as he tells us exactly what to do)!

9. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Rename Settings-iPod.plist to Settings-iPhone.plist.

I assume this only restores the Settings screen to look like the default iPod settings screen.
  10. swd72000

swd72000 New Member

Sweet it worked!
    Thank you ficho for hard work and thank you pluto198 for your help.
    Now just to get rid of the pop up and the searching and no service