first to 'brick' the 2.0 touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Jimi.Heffernan, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Jimi.Heffernan

Jimi.Heffernan New Member

Ok so i downloaded 2.0 from the direct link on these forums, then used alt+ restore to install it on my ipod. It took forever, before finally the ipod disappeared from the itunes sidebar and i got the error message of "itunes could not connect to the ipod because an unknown error occurred 0xE8000001."

The iPod appears to be in restore mode with the cable and the itunes logo, with the exception of the fact that it now says "iTunes" under the itunes logo. I haven't seen that before. I did the standard, restart and hold the hold button, both plugged in and not plugged into the computer, but it gives me the same error message. I can't restore the ipod because it won't connect to itunes. Any suggestions?
  2. pveticket

pveticket New Member

I did the same thing, HELP!!!
  3. sp4rkbr

sp4rkbr Member

Did you use iTunes 7.7?
  4. PSP Blitzer

PSP Blitzer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    its SHIFT+RESTORE, not ALT. Did you do a restore to 1.1.4 before you updated? You are supposed to do a restore, enter dfu mode, and restore (Shift+Restore) to 2.0, and let it doing its thing for about 5-15 minutes.
  5. mrsgadget

mrsgadget New Member

Can you please tell me what version frimware it has on it 2.0 5A347 or 2.0 5A345.
  6. Jimi.Heffernan

On a mac? I'm fairly sure it's alt...as for what firmware it was, I'm pretty sure its 7 not 5, and I used iTunes 7.7. I had restored to 1.1.4, but didnt enter dfu mode, i hadnt read about that...

any ideas?
  7. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I didn't enter DFU mode and I still got 2.0 to work
  8. Jimi.Heffernan

this is horrible. I cant even go back to 1.1.4 because I can't connect to iTunes. Isn't anyone able to help?
  9. brisingr

brisingr New Member

you can't get back to 1.1.4 unless you are downgrading iTunes. Enter DFU MANUALLY. Restore, don't update. And you can't brick it unless you want to (and have the means to).
    Cheers!
  10. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

dude u must use both buttons to turn off ur ipod, then ur it back on again. itunes will pick it up this time..

get me on AIM for further help, cuz this site is slow as sh*t