First timer at jailbreaking. Iphone 3g. Halp?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dbarcari, Dec 11, 2008.

1. dbarcari

dbarcari New Member

Alrighty guys, I've been told lots of jailbreak 'horror stories' and so I've always tried to keep away from it, but now with the emulators and whatnot, I wants it. D:

So here's the story;
    I don't know the first thing about any of this jailbreaking stuff. I have an Iphone 3g, 16gig and am running 2.2 at the moment.
    What I'd really like is if somebody could post or link me to a step by step faq that includes every detail for jailbreaking my iphone 3g.

And another thing...
    Can it even be jailbroken? I've seen some posts on this board and the more I read, the more I confuse myself. Is there a difference between jailbreaking an iphone 3g and unlocking it?

Please try and reply in simple-person language.
    =D
    thanks <3
  2. nunchuck

nunchuck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    jailbreaking lets you add 3rd party software and unlocking lets u use the phone with a different network other than at&at
  3. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I hate to self promote but i made a tutorial in this sub forum, it should still be on the main page bere here is the link anyway.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119778

Its reall simple. There is a linkw ithin it wit instructions for the 2G iphone but you can follow them as well. Just ignore all the parts that talk about "unlocking" or "bootloaders".
  4. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)