First time unlocking, can someone help me out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Clownassasin, May 30, 2009.

1. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK, well my friend came up to me the other day and asked me if i could jailbreak his iPhone that his dad gave him( It's the first gen) and after jailbreaking it, i figured id be nice if I could unlock it for him so that he could use it as his phone ( his dad had given it to him because his dad had switched up to a 3G and no longer needed his 1st gen) so heres the problem:

My friend already has AT&T and I know that when you plug in your SIM card you'll get the screen to plug in the iphone into iTunes. I also know that you'll have to pick a data plan, Now i think that he doesn't have a data plan, so is there any way possible that he can use the iPhone has his phone withouht having to pay for the data plan? Will unlocking the phone fix this?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone please? jeez, i feel as if no one pays any attention to my threads, if tes wanted help, he would have had 20 posters within 2 minutes, the same goes for manic, or Kiks, or anyone else thats big out there
  2. AllyOmega

AllyOmega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    in quickpwn (if you're using windows, if not then tell me) just click the box that says "unlock" and you're good to go.
  3. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    If you don't have data, get SBSettings and disable edge.
  4. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I have a Mac, but If i unlock the iPhone, will putting in the SIM card for an AT&T phone work? and i wont have to take the iphone to get activated or have to buy a data plan?
  5. AllyOmega

AllyOmega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, you kinda have to have a data plan to do anything on the iphone. unlocking doesnt mean you can use a sim card with nothing on it.
  6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nevermind, Its already unlocked, lol i feel like an idiot, i was able to test it with my T-Mobile SIM card and it worked beautifully. so he shouldnt have any problems *hopefully*