First Time Connecting to Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WOODYDOUCET, Dec 29, 2008.

1. WOODYDOUCET

WOODYDOUCET New Member

I also got an IPOD TOUCH for christmas and i'm enjoying it very much so far, however i'm still unsuccessful at connecting to my wi-fi connection at home properly, i've inserted the WEP Key information properly, and it states that I am connected, full bars and everything, but I can't get connected to anything, I noticed on the threads that some people have used a bunch of numbers and dots, i've tried a couple but it never connects, it kinda times out, can anybody explain to me where to go from here? i'm really lost, i've never had problems connecting anything to my wi-fi, whether that be my computer or Nintendo Wii, why am I having trouble with this one?
  2. whosdifferent

whosdifferent Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I am having s same problems here
    hope someone can help out!!
  3. ispyt2

ispyt2 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Search for thread: WIFI Help
    It has several solutions to check.
  4. WOODYDOUCET

WOODYDOUCET New Member

I don't think this necessary applies, because my modem is a wireless router at the same time, provided by my internet company, they are talking about lynksys and all that, plus some other advise suggests changing things in the ROUTER area or DNS, in my settings for my network , in the DHCP tab, I only have my IP address and the Subnet Mask, nothing else? does that make a difference?
  5. ipodmanfan

ipodmanfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
  6. smoothfreeze

smoothfreeze Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Make sure u typed in the KEY not the passphrase if there is security on ur router. I'm using linksys router with WEP security btw. Works fine
  7. machine_fpv

machine_fpv New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yerr mine worked first time i tried,um......its a bit tricky to figgure out but if you have do it before with a psp or something its like the same

make sure you have the correct username like CAPS or no caps
    also make sure you enter you password correct,your password should be the 26 digit key that has both numbers and letters

its not the admin username and password its the router username and password,just letting you know =)
  8. moosehunt

moosehunt New Member

having the same problem - but having read machine fpv 's reply i have solved it... its the router (bt homehub) Wireless Key - (letter - 8 numbers - letter) thats required in the password box... ive been using WifiTrak app which seems to load up easier than the settings connections ... hope this helps!
  9. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

Some routers cause problems when you connect, as they don't properly provide the ipod touch (or iphone) with the correct settings.

I have found that when I set up a connection to my router, I have to assgn the ipod touch a static ip address, then enter in the ip address of the router, and the dns number (which I got out of the routers info page).

Hope this gives you some clues to solve your problem.
  10. mollski

mollski New Member

hi ive got a bt home hub and have not had any luck getting on the net with mine a true nightmare