First time buyer...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Thao, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, this is my first post here, obviously.

I'm looking at buying the cheapest iPod Touch I can get, but only new.
    I was all excited looking at the next generation Touch, but after reading into it, I can see there isn't much different.

I'm really looking forward to adding emulators and other programs/hacks to my Touch, and apparently you have to jailbreak the phone to do this, seeing that the "Flaw" was fixed in the 2G, does it look un-jailbreakable? Or does the App Store make up for the lack of jailbreak? (Even though those apps cost I'm assuming...) Battery life is also an important factor to me - but it is that big of a difference?

Anyway, I'm just looking for some personal opinion here, what would you recommend I do? Should I go scoop up a new 2G for 259, or should I look on eBay for a 1G, or do you think Apple will sell-out their remaining 1G's anytime soon?

Thanks for your input!
  2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if you don't need system moding and emulators (they rejected by AppStore because it's mainly use to run illegal software), you can be happy

Please Register or Log in to view images

Decision is yours
  3. samph

samph New Member

iPod touch 2G will never be jailbroken as Apple have a new kernal and authinically checking chip in the new motherboard.
  4. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Kernel is the same but with different profile, it still Darwin kernel known in OS X. CPU is different (with different authorization system) making current pwn unfunctional. Beside guy here know about situation

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. samph

samph New Member

Sorry.

If I had known that "Beside guy here know about situation" then I wouldn't have said anything.
  6. ijailbreak91

ijailbreak91 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Will the iPod touch 2g even jailbreakable?
  7. samph

samph New Member

Not before we can crack RSA-2048.
  8. B.P12

B.P12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    k... anyone actually wanna answer this guy's question? I'd go with the 2G. Even though there's only a handful of differences, Apple will start to develop things only for the new one... like the HD Episodes from iTunes that can only be played on the 2G. Jailbreaking and emulators will come soon enough... Patience...