First things first...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Acesinit, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Acesinit

Acesinit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum and my first on any iPod Touch forum. I have been diligently reading about the touch for a few days now as I will have my own 8gb on Tuesday.

I have read a lot about jailbreaking, apps, ssh, VNSea, and a ton of stuff. My question is. What should I do when I first get it? Do you think I should jailbreak it right away? What apps would you recommend I download first?

I know when I first venture into something I learn stuff along the way and would do things in a much different order than I did the first time. So I figured I would ask the fans, gurus, masters what ever you may go by.

Thanks for your input! I'm pumped to get this thing. I own a PC w/ iTunes 7.7 right now.
    -Mike
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

well jailbreaking is great, but if you ordered a second generation ipod touch (rounder, has a built in speaker) then its not yet possible. however, you should definitely check out the app store. theres a bunch of awesome apps and games there, many free. you can buy all the apps you want from itunes now and then sync them to your ipod when it comes. also check out the rest of the forums to see some cool things to do.

and most of all, welcome to the forums!
  3. Acesinit

Acesinit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wait, so I cant jailbreak the 2nd Gen touch? I guess I overlooked that since I saw people running 2.0 + firmware, I assumed that some of them were jailbroken.

Do you recommend getting the first gen? I definately want to be able to jailbreak.

I appreciate the welcoming though

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Welcome to iPodTouchFans.

The people that are jailbroken on Firmware 2.0 are using a 1st-generation iPod touch, as you can't jailbreak any 2nd-gen iPod touch.

I wouldn't recommend getting the 1st-generation, as you'll be disappointed if there is a successful way to jailbreak the 2nd-generation that is found (and it's in progress).
  5. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Jailbreak for 2G isn't ready but you could still use pwnage tool.
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Only with a 1st-gen iPod touch can you use PwnageTool.
  7. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

My mistake, i don't jailbreak

8. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

If you want to jailbreak right now , as in this second.
    Get a 1G.
    Welcome

9. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    no 2.0 is the software model, not the hard ware, they have a 1g ipod. You (and me) have a 2g ipod that cant be jailbroken yet, we just have to wait peacefully ^_^
    (believe me, I'm gritting my teeth waitiing for it)
  10. Acesinit

Acesinit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    God, i have a huge decision before I even get it... I want to use VNSea really badly and a ton of other stuff. But I like the idea of a speaker and volume rocker.

What do i do? I think I should get the 2g and wait.... What are some things that will keep me entertained if i go with the 2g?