First things first...is anyone here an actual touch app developer?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Snowspot, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

Well?

Show yourselves.. I have a theory there are none.
  2. crimsonangel

crimsonangel New Member

I'ma programmer, however I have no clue how to create an app for the touch. I do know a few people here actually do though.
  3. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    zodttd (I think that's the name?), the guy who's in charge of the GBA port posts here.
  4. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

I'm bout to train up to being one... ur theory does seem right tho, from my observations

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Shade

Shade New Member

i think skylar is...
  6. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

Just as I suspected. There are about 3/4 actual devs on this site. If the one who ran this site wanted to get a bigger and better community, they would start a wiki explaining how to create touch/iphone apps.
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

If the one who ran this site could do that, he would be a dev, no? After all, it's a little hard to tell people how to write apps for the Touch when you don't know how to do it yourself.

Plus, any such Wiki would, in essence, be a course on learning C++, and there are tons of books, courses and online tutorials for that. I suggest you start here or here. Once you've sussed out the essentials of C++ programming, you can read up on how to use the toolchain available for the Touch -- or better still, the official SDK once it gets released.

Make no mistake, programming is no easy task. I used to develop back in the 8- and 16-bit days. There's a crapload and a half to learn. The good news is that once you've picked it up you can take it virtually anywhere and only have to learn the various SDKs and OS calls and such for the platform you're developing on.
  8. mederis

mederis New Member

9. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

If Java every runs on the ipod touch I'll be able to start deving, but I'm not familiar with objective c.
  10. Paintball

Paintball New Member

I've started learning. I built the toolchain on windows, kinda difficult, but still do-able. And I'm gonna get a book on objective-c soon. I think that if everyone tried a little bit of developing, they would get hooked. Like I have.