First "Hack" for 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by freshnewton7, Jan 16, 2008.

1. freshnewton7

freshnewton7 New Member

Noob's Guide:

iTransmogrify, this bookmark will let you watch inbeded youtube vids in safari web browser.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ok here's how go to this sight: http://joemaller.com/2008/01/12/itransmogrify/

scroll down a bit "it should be between the two video's" is will say: On an iPhone? Try it now: iTransmogrify! (works in Safari and Firefox too).

Right click the blue link and add to your Favorites.

Connect your ipod Touch, Select it in itunes, Go to the tab that say's Info

Scroll down till where is say's Web Browser, check the box that say's "sync bookmarks with"

then look down and you will see Advanced check the box that say's bookmarks

SYNC

Go to you ipod's safari browser, and go to your bookmarks, you will see a new bookmark called "iTransmogrify!", click on edit at the bottem of the screen then click on the iTransmogrify! bookmark.

You will now see a place where you can edit the bookmarks name, look under that where is has all the letters and symobls, use the text zoom thingy to look through the letters.

ok what you need to do here is delete all the # 25's after the % sign's theres about 10 of them so it might take a while

once your done click on bookmarks and your done now you can go back to this website http://joemaller.com/2008/01/12/itransmogrify/ and test it.

to test go to that site then go to your bookmarks and click on the iTransmogrify! bookmark,

Note: once you do that you will see a little loading circle next to the wifi signal bar, let it load then you will be able to click on the vid and watch it on youtube.
  2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Um, this was available last week on 1.1.2 ..... ad it is very uneffective, maybe 20% of the vids I have used it on actually play.
  3. freshnewton7

freshnewton7 New Member

i know i know i know but it works and i confermed it on 1.1.3

4. mcsampson

mcsampson New Member

I'm confused once again. 1.1.3 just came out, how can there be a hack if it isn't even jailbroken yet.
  5. freshnewton7

freshnewton7 New Member

its not really a hack its a bookmark that lets you watch inbeded youtube videos only
  6. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is just simple javascript. I wouldn't consider this a hack. Maybe change the topic title a little, I think some people got confused when viewing the topic. Good to know iTransmogrify works on 1.1.3 though.

Bitter.