1. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok well this is in fact my first try at jailbreaking my iTouch 2G. I plan on using the QuickRecover tool because it seems the easiest way for me to do the jailbreaking and avoid bricking. However that being said I am a complete novice so i know literally <this> much. Recommendations from anyone who has successfully jailbroken a iTouch would be much appreciated. The best and easiest method, it would be great if you could recommend one. Anymore information or background reading would be great just a good way for me to do it. Would be much obliged.
  2. fatcatipodtouch

fatcatipodtouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Quick Freedom is extremely easy, i used it and had a jailbroken ipod in like 15 minutes!
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would recommend redTool, but I'm slightly biased so I may not count

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    is there more steps involved with the RedTool? how does it differ from QuickFreedom
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, when you're doing the full jailbreak, it's supposedly faster. I haven't used Quickfreedom at all so I can't say for myself. Plus it has a much nicer, user friendly UI. And redTool was first on the tethered scene

6. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well I'm downloading Quickfreedom now just watched a video guide on doing it, bout to install libUSB on my vista machine. First time I didn't realise that you had to install via XP service pack had to recover from BSoD

------------------double post merged------------------
    success! i was confident i was gonna brick the thing but it was easy, fairly quick lot of waiting around( i was expecting fireworks) and now its just restoring my music and such