First Gen iPod Touch cant play HD?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by deathshadow391, Sep 10, 2008.

1. deathshadow391

deathshadow391 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was all excited when I saw that many of my favorite shows on iTunes were being sold in HD. When I downloaded an ep. of House (which took nearly 3 hours because of the 1.32gb file size) I tried to sync it to my Gen 1 (2.1 software) iPod touch... and got this.

"House-It's a wonderful lie" was not copied to "Phil's iPod" because it could not be played on this iPod.

Are you kidding me? Steve jobs didnt even take one second to tell us that our iPod touches wouldn't play an HD video? But of course, if he did, a bunch of us wouldn't have gone out and bought that one video before figuring out that it was stuck on our computers...
  2. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

Contact Apple, see what they say, I'm sure you can sort it out.
    Why do you need HD on such a small screen? Were you hooking it up to the tv?
  3. deathshadow391

Device:
    iPod touch
    Although I do hook it up to my TV, it just seems sort of annoying that the old touch cant play the new HD. ( my friend had the same reslt with a different show.) but I will send an e-mail to tech support. Is anybody else having this prob?
  4. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    in iTunes, right click and say convert for iPod. It's always been like this.
  5. deathshadow391

Device:
    iPod touch
    Allways? HD has been out for a little over 12 hours on itunes
  6. mrugly

mrugly New Member

No offense, but of course it can't be played on your iPod Touch. It's HD. The bitrate and resolution can't be supported by what the iPod is able to display. When did Jobs or anyone else promise the same HD content to be viewable on an iPod? There have been HD podcasts on iTunes for some time now. Have they been viewable on iPods? No.
  7. sorcererx86

sorcererx86 New Member

Are you crazy? _No_ portable videoplayer can play HD videos ATM. If you buy an HD TV show episode from iTunes, you'll get both the HD and the SD version (for your iPod).
  8. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

Is that true?
    Never heard that before ( no tv shows for sale in Irish itunes so I can't check)
  9. deathshadow391

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you sure about that? Steve jobs` specifically said that you could "watch them on your computer or even take them with you on your iPod"

but I think he was talking about Gen2 Touch
  10. iAuzy

iAuzy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, it's not gonna play on the iPod Touch 1st gen, but he did say you could watch them on your 2g iPod.