First ever

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by lapetius, Nov 5, 2007.

1. lapetius

lapetius New Member

So I finally broke down and bought myself an ipod. For years I've been putting them down and telling myself I'd never jump on the ipod!bandwagon, but this ipod touch was just so amazing (from pictures/videos/etc) that I had to have one for my own. And of course show off to my friends.

So I ordered it online seeing as no store in the area has them in stock, which is fair. If you live around here you know things don't last very long. And I got it November 1st. Week 43.
    I am quite in love, I must admit. And I've even been scouting out countless numbers of programs to convert my videos, so I've really put in a lot of time just trying to understand this marvel. I think I have a few dead pixels, but they're not really bad, and the more I stare at them, the more I notice more, so I'm quite content that I don't have pixel problems like some of the other screens do. And like they said, if I return it, I might get one that has a worse pixel problem.

The blurry coverflow issue is something most of us have all experienced, I'm guessing, so it's only natural to question it in the beginning. It's really not that noticable, and when you have shuffle on most of the time, it doesn't even cross your mind to look through your cover art.

I didn't purchase the extended warranty. Maybe it was good of me? Maybe not. I've only had it for under a week now, so I'm sure I can purchase it if I feel the need within the next few days. Is the extended warranty a good idea? Even for that extra $100 I'd have to pay?
    It sucks being in Canada with our old Canadian prices. If I were to have bought an ipod way back when, when the classics were trendy, I most definitely would have. So why do I feel so confident in Apple now? I'm not quite sure.

I immediately threw a cover protector on it, because even though they say it's indestructable when it comes to scratches, we know better. And having scouted this forum for over a month now, it's really helped me learn about the little things that the retailers don't know about. I think I'm going to knit it a little pouch, so at least the back won't get ripped to shreds in my purse.

So I'm now an ipod owner. I never thought I'd see the day!
    Kate.
  2. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Hehe, sorry about the dead pixels but maybe when you get around to it.. You can mod it like I have ^_^

Please Register or Log in to view images