iPhone 4 First Broken iPhone 4 Shows New Glass Isn't That Resistant

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacob, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Source: http://gizmodo.com/5559977/

Wow Apple, can't you get it right? It's supposed to be used without a case lol, but I'd want one to protect it.
  2. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
  3. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm im reconsidering my Zagg only or Zagg + Crystal approach. Maybe i will get a bumper, does the bumper only go around the edge or is is something more?
  4. Bazinga

Bazinga Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Woah. Apple's WWDC video looked convincing. But.....woah.
  5. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    some how screwed another phone Apple
  6. Jas1222

Jas1222 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not made by me but from someone else on another forum:

1) NO current smartphone will always survive a drop onto the screen if it hits at the wrong angle and with sufficient force. Note that the iPhone survived the first two attempts just fine.

2) The 'test' was done by a company specalising in iPhone repair. No conflict of interest there then...

3) Apple NEVER said the new glass would 'never break'. Anyone thinking that is an idiot quite frankly. There may be something in the claim that not having the raised lip so the glass is always going to hit the ground without any additional shock protection but I'd like to see that verified by a neutral third party.

Basically anyone shocked by this has severely unrealistic expectaitons in my opinion. It's glass, glass will break if mistreated, this is not a problem that only affects the iPhone but will be present in ALL smartphones if you get unlucky. Move on folks, nothing to see here.
  7. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ture but what makes it so much worse on this phone is the entire front and back is GLASS... One of the easiest things to drop and break >.< But maybe the "Bumpers" will help with drops?
  8. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've dropped my LG Renoir like a million times, threw it across somebodies garden and whatnot and the screen is still fine!
  9. Jas1222

Jas1222 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The bumpers have a 'lip' around it so it would stop the front hitting the floor
  10. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That test doesn't prove sh*t. Was the phone dropped in the same way, angle, and speed every single time? No.

Sure, it may be less resistant than the other phones (even though it was said to be stronger), but I've dropped my 3G at least 50 times (not just small drops either, I've had it launch away from my hand too) and aside from a little crack on the back and a couple scratches, nothing has happened to the front.

It may be a beautiful device (iPhone 4 that is), but anyone that uses it without a case is just asking for it break. It may be cool to show it off and all, but I'd only take off the case when I'm home, if at all.