Firmware was corrupt, cannot restore!!help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by houyunqing, Jun 3, 2008.

1. houyunqing

houyunqing New Member

My iPod touch is 1.1.4 jailbroken and yesterday i just reinstalled my winxp so i just wanted to restore my ipod touch as well.

So I clicked "restore" in iTunes and after a few confirmation it started downloading the"iPod Software Update". But soon a window that said "the ipod *** couldn't be restored because firmware file was corrupt" came out and i don't know what to do

It said "firmware file corrrupt" so i think it's the firmware of my ipod touch right? Heard from somewhere that the firmware file was burned into the chip. Does that mean there's no other way to fix it but sending it to Apple? If that's the case...damn it, my ipod is totally jailbroken and messed up and the warranty is definitely void...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    frimmware is wat ur ipod runs...kinda like xp and vista... try redownloading the frimware off the internet...
    get them here.
  3. houyunqing

houyunqing New Member

Yeah I've downloaded it and tried restoring with it but it says "unknown error sometihng something [5]"
    any idea?
  4. houyunqing

houyunqing New Member

The precise error line is:"The iPod"iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occured [5]." It comes out after the extracting part
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Wow, this is seriously all I post.

Try downloading iLiberty+, and going to the "Other Tools" tab once you have it open. Then select "Enter DFU mode", and after it's finished and you have a red screen on your iPod with the "connect to iTunes" picture on there, go into iTunes and try to restore again.

If all else fails, take a drive to the Apple store and tell them you even tried to restore with DFU.
  6. houyunqing

houyunqing New Member

Thanks

I tried the iLiberty method and this time it's a different error line: disk not found

...i think it means the disk in my ipod touch..................................................

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Greatnesss

Greatnesss Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do this.
    Download watever software u need by searching for it on google.
    next use iliberty to enter DFU mode.
    then go to itunes and hold shift key and press restore.
    a window should open. in that winow open the software u downloaded.
    This should work.
  8. houyunqing

houyunqing New Member

I already tried that. The first time it said something like disk not found. The following times it came back to the unknown error[1]...not working