iOS 3.1 firmware upgrade(3.1.2 to 3.1.3) and Jailbreak(spirit and blackrain) questions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ages_devil, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ages_devil

ages_devil New Member

i'm getting my ipod touch 3g tomorrow, and it has 3.1.2 installed on it and not jailbroken.
    i have a couple of questions:
    1- i read the change-log from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 and there are some good improvements, the pint is, as my device has 3.1.2 should i upgrade it? or does jailbreaking the device work or does the same job in fixing and improving the device as in upgrading its firmware?
    so for example:
    a JB device on 3.1.2 is the same as a JB device on 3.1.3??
    if not does this mean i should upgrade first then JB??
    2- spirit and blackrain, which is the safe one to use? and is there any difference between them,i know than one is userland exploit and the other is bootrom exploit which i don't understand any of them, but should i be concerned with this?
    i found some thread talking about downgrading from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 nd about from blackrain to spirit...and after reading them i became more confused, so what exactly should i be doing with my ipod?
    upgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 then jailbreak using i dont know yet which method? or keep it on 3.1.2 and JB using one method of the two??
  2. ages_devil

ages_devil New Member

instead of making new thread
    i got my ipt3g jailbreak it with spirit(but forget to save shsh first and can't save it now) it's now running on jailbroken 3.1.2
    how can i upgrade it to 3.1.3 and keep it jb or upgrade then jb afterward.