Firmware update advise request.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Thujone, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Thujone

Thujone New Member

I have a 2gen touch running v3.0 (7A341) Jailbroken and I would like to update to 3.1.3, is there a way of doing this without loosing my cydia apps? Can I just update then run reds0w? Thanks!
  2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Firstly, make a list on your cell phone/computer/paper, whatever of all your cydia apps, because these sometimes dont work. Firstly, you download appbackup, it will say in the app itself it makes a backup of what you had installed, no settings, but what the actual apps were, like SBsettings, winterboard, and so on. hit backup and let it go, then go into itunes, sync your ipod, and then when its done press update, but then do a new FRESH restore, or appbackup wont work, if youd rather use your manual list, just press update.

After the restore/update, open redsn0w(the new one) and direct it to the 3.1.2 firmware and make sure you install cydia, plus whatever else you use(logos) and jailbreak, once done, if you used appbackup and followed the right steps, you should be able to download and install it off of cydia and press restore.

EDIT: sorry for the wall of text, tried to separate it a little there lol
  3. Gullash

Gullash Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just restore via itunes it backup cydia/rock apps
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    no it doesn't...